home holly's happenings the phil up our adoption notable reads oldies but goodies

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Miss Mustard Seed Milkpaint class from Abbé Doll

Yesterday I took my very first furniture painting & repurposing class from Abbé Doll.

I took a wooden chair that we got from my Grandpa Call's farmhouse.

I first painted it with French Enamel Blue. I used hemp oil so that the top coat would resist and create a chippy and worn look. I then applied the top coat of Luckette green.

We let the chair dry outside as well as used a hair dryer in some places. We then used a power sander to buff off some of the chipping paint as well as reveal some of the wood.

I finished it by brushing on a thin coat of furniture wax!

I had a blast learning from Abbé and hope to conquer a dresser soon!













No comments:

Post a Comment