home holly's happenings the phil up our adoption notable reads oldies but goodies

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Jumping Off the Ladder

I guess you could say I started climbing the ladder about nine years ago as I interviewed and accepted my first teaching job in the spring of 2006 while in my last semester at K-State while student teaching.

To be honest, nine years ago I didn't expect to climb as high or as long as I did on the ladder. I fully expected I would work two to four years before we started a family. 

But let's be brutally honest, there is quite a list of things I did not plan for or expect in the last nine years. That is a whole other post all together. :)

This is about jumping off the ladder. I planned to climb it slow and steady. At times I did and at other times I raced. But now I'm getting off this ladder, the career ladder. 

Last Tuesday I met with my principal to submit my letter of resignation to not continue teaching at the conclusion of this school year. Thankfully, this news was well received by her and those we have shared the news with.

If you know me well, you know this is not a decision we have made lightly, but we have peace that this is what God wants for us, for me, at this point. 

As most of you know, our adoption journey has been long and bumpy at times but based on recent movement,  we feel confident to take this step as with teaching, you don't just turn in a 2 weeks notice. :)

I am not sure that it has fully sunk in that I'm off the ladder; that the next 8 weeks are the end of this part of my career. Maybe it will fully hit in May. Maybe not until August. But I confidentially know that the season of these nine years of teaching have shaped and formed me for the seasons ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment