home holly's happenings the phil up our adoption notable reads oldies but goodies

Sunday, November 10, 2013

November 10: I'm thankful for lessons on Biblical submission!

Our pastor has been preaching through Ephesians and came to the passage for husbands and wives. However, it is started in the previous verse. "Submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ."

This verse was shared with me while I was working at a camp one summer in college. It was a difficult summer, mainly because of my direct boss. He wasn't really leading well and in my opinion, he wasn't deserving of my submission. One of my dear coworkers shared and encouraged me with this verse in the midst of our joint frustration with him. We were called to submit to his authority over us because of our reverence and walk with Christ.

Easier said than done. 

A lesson I reflect on often...


No comments:

Post a Comment