home holly's happenings the phil up our adoption notable reads oldies but goodies

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 14: I'm thankful for good vision!

In January of 2005, my parents blessed me by paying for LASIK eye surgery. I have never regretted getting it done. I have seen 20/20 since then. No contacts. No glasses. 

In Thursday, actually on November 24, I went for my yearly eye check. My eye doctor asks each time, "Are you still glad you did it?" Each time I reply, "Yep!"

The cool part about this yearly appointment is that my eye doctor goes to the same church and I had one of his sons in math at Southeast so we always spend more time catching up and talking about school, Kstate, etc. This year we chatted about his oldest son's recent engagement to another former student of mine. I love the small world I live in!

This hymn is a reminder of the vision that The Lord needs to be in my life. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you had a successful Lasik eye surgery. How was the procedure? How long did it take? I'm scheduled for a check-up this weekend at the Arizona Retinal Center and I’m trying to research stuff about to fight off anxiety. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete