home holly's happenings the phil up our adoption notable reads oldies but goodies

Thursday, November 7, 2013

November 7: I'm thankful for good friends/former colleagues!

Today was a pretty rough day. 
Students were rude. 
I felt under attack.
It seemed nothing was working. 

I sent an email to a former colleague. 
He knew I was having a rough day by my short email. 
He asked what I was doing. 
It was my plan time. 
Next thing I know he and another friend were here bringing me a Frosty while they ate their lunch. 
Timing worked that their plan time at another school and mine overlapped today. 

We all used to teach in the same hallway and see each other everyday. 
This year I am at a new school. 
Our friendship is still there and even stronger now. 

Good friends, former colleagues, who know me well and still care for me well are what I am thankful for today. 

30 minutes with them today was encouraging. 
I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment